Why A Duplex Just Makes Sense. Everything You Need To Know
If you are considering building a new home you should be thinking of building a duplex. A duplex is two homes sharing a common wall under the same roof. On your existing block.
Read on to understand why a duplex may be perfect for you. We’ll also point you at expert and well-renowned duplex builders and we’ll tell you why they’re the best!
What are my options with a duplex?
This is where we’ll describe some of the benefits of a duplex.
More room for living
You have double the space. Your choices to utilise this extra space include:
Space for a growing family
- Your family have outgrown the family home. Older children will relish their independence and you will enjoy the peace of mind of having them living in the duplex next door!
- The ultimate work-from-home experience. You could use each bedroom as a self-contained workspace. Your new luxury office area would even have its own bathroom and kitchen. The best bit? Probably the shortest commute to work in NSW!
- Are you concerned about a parent or an elderly aunt or uncle? Your duplex offers the perfect solution for you all. Your relative will feel self-sufficient living in their own modern, stylish duplex. You will be able to help out in case of any emergencies or simply a trip to the supermarket.
A duplex is a smart choice as a property investment. You could:
Live in one home and rent out the other
- This would make for easy property management with you living right next door. Your tenant could visit you to pay the rent and you’d have a short trip for property inspections. Repairs and maintenance could be handled immediately and you could even do some work yourself to maximise the rent income.
Rent out both homes
- You have instantly created two streams of rental income. Even if one property is vacant for a period of time you should still be receiving an income from the other. Again, property management with a duplex is simple with your rentals right next to each other!
With your duplex complete, you could subdivide the land and sell one to recoup a chunk of the costs of construction.
The value of your plot of land has increased. If you decide to subdivide giving you two plots of land with a new home on each, your future resale value will be even higher.
Acrow Homes, master duplex builders
Acrow Homes have more than 20 years of housebuilding experience. Our stylish duplexes can be seen throughout the Newcastle, Hunter Valley, Lake Macquarie and Central Coast regions. We are renowned for the quality of our homes and our service.
The Acrow homes building experience
- An Acrow Homes duplex comes with a heap of standard inclusions, making it great value for money. We build high standard, spacious and modern duplexes from quality materials provided by reputable suppliers including Harvey Norman, Dulux and Colorbond.
- Premium appliances and quality benchtops in the kitchen, 2 coats of waterproofing and quality fittings to the bathroom and laundry areas, modern tiles and flooring throughout are some of our standard inclusions
- We have a range of floor plans for you to choose from. We have designs for single or double-storey builds, with 3 or 4 bedrooms. Depending on your block, we have designs for sloping blocks and narrow blocks.
- Of course, we are happy to produce a tailor-made, custom design for you. Our aim is to deliver your dream property!
- We use our years of experience and expertise to provide you with a free site inspection and no-obligation quote. Our contract will identify all inclusions and there will be no additional hidden extras. Our quote will be the price you pay!
- We are proud of our project management skills and our record of never having delivered a home later than planned. When we give you the handover date, you can plan your moving-in party!
The best home-building experience
- We want you to have a stress-free home-building experience. After the initial consultation, to help us understand your property dream, leave it to us.
- As trusted local builders, we understand all the requirements set by the local councils to obtain planning permission for duplexes and home projects. We will prepare all the necessary paperwork and update you at every stage.
- When we have approval, we’ll invite you to our office to agree on your inclusions, appliances and colour schemes.
- Our team will be keen to get started on construction. We’ll hand over the keys to your new duplex on the date we planned.
There is no better way to build a duplex. You know it makes sense.
Don’t miss out, get in touch with Acrow Homes today.
A modern granny flat can have two bedrooms or other design variations. This article will list some of the uses for a granny flat. You will realise the intended usage of the property may influence the design decisions, including…
Situated on the east coast of NSW, Newcastle is surrounded by golden sand beaches, a breathtaking coastline and a beautiful working harbour. The cafes, restaurants and bars, unique architecture and rich history stretch from the city…
Bateau Bay is a popular destination on the Central Coast of NSW for those who want to get outdoors and explore nature. You are a stone’s throw away from some of the best beaches on the Central Coast. If you enjoy bushwalking…